What is the profession of the robotic engineer?
The major role of the robotic engineer is to create robots which can have many different purposes. On the one hand, the robotic engineer has mechanical competencies. On the other hand, he has e-skills/ digital skills. Generally, he works in the industrial/manufacturing sector.
Moreover, the robotic engineer works daily on complex automatic systems and prototypes. His role is focused on the research aspect (hypothesis, test, mechanical…) in the automatic systems. Moreover, he works with other services in order to enhance the quality of his work.
His missions start from research and development to the maintenance of the robots he created.
Qualifications/qualities required to become a robotic engineer:
- Attracted by computer programming
- Analytical skills
- Great creativity to solve complex issues
The skills of the robotic engineer:
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design systems (CADD)
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing Design software
- Computer Aided Group Technology
- The ability to manage complex projects
Career development for the robotic engineer:
The novice robotic engineer can work in a team on research and manufacturing projects of robots. Then, he has the opportunity to evolve in positions of management and project management.
Entry level salary for a robotic engineer:
A robotic engineer who graduated from an engineering school can earn a wage of:
- $75,000 in US
- £22,000 in UK
- 40,000 € in France
Nevertheless, this wage can increase very quickly.
How to become a robotic engineer?
This jobs requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or any related field.
Best schools for aerospace engineering:
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- University of Manchester
- University of Bristol
- University of Sussex
- King’s College London
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Sheffield
- University College London
- Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Stanford University (Stanford, California)
- Harvard University (Cambridge, MA)
- Columbia University (New York, NY)
- Cornell University (Ithaca, New York)
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, Maryland)
How to find freelance missions or a job as a robotic engineer?
Join the community of Kicklox and discover our missions regularly posted by more than 1000 companies and startups.
Are you looking for a robotic engineer?
You are a company and you are looking for a robotic engineer for a freelance mission or a job ? You can browse on our website Kicklox among more than 65,000 engineers